Friday, May 25, 2012

Crib Climber


I woke up this morning with a jolt to an unidentified sound (I later determined that that is what the child safety gate sounds like when it closes and you are in a deep sleep) at 9:15.  I laid there for about 1-2 minutes trying to figure out what the sound was and Griffin started crying-but not through the monitor!  I then realized that the monitor was NOT in my room!!!  Apparently, I slept without it last night for the first time in over 25 months.  GASP.  I open the bedroom door to find Griffin halfway down the stairs.  Obviously, he had climbed OUT of his crib!  YIKES.  I set him on the counter and searched him for swelling, gashes, bruises, bleeding, etc. when the schnoodles expertly notified me that there was a visitor at the door.  I had been awake for 15 minutes (God, only knows how long Griffin-who was wearing Santa Claus pajamas-had been awake).  I am wearing my glasses, a t-shirt and have unbrushed teeth.  I removed Griffin from the counter and dashed to the bedroom in pursuit of some shorts.  Found some in the dirty clothes and shamelessly put them on.  The schnoodles were still in the throes of greeting the guest at the door who I immediately recognized as a very kind MK customer of mine.  I welcome her in (pjs, nasty breath, but hey-at least I have on more than a t-shirt-Mrs. Mary Kay at your service!).  She was very sweet (as always) and told me she had arrived to pick-up her order and that she had emailed me at 8:30 (per my request) to tell me should would be by at 9:30-she didn't want me to have to make any unnecessary trips with Griffin.  HA!  At this point, I would like to pause and thank God for giving me the strength each night to pick-up the toy explosion that occurs daily in our home.

As she left, I crossed my fingers that she wasn’t on her way to call CPS for neglect. 

Naptime was unsuccessful as I watched him swan dive, head 1st onto the hardwoods 3-4 times before calling it quits. 

We will be building the toddler bed tonight and enforcing some new rules.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment