Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Day in the Life


All Mommies reading this will agree that nothing compares to the excitement and exhaustion packed into the daily adventures of motherhood.  This is a little glimpse of the escapades we’ve enjoyed over the past few days…at least, the ones that I can remember…

On Tuesday my wingman and I journeyed about an hour-and-a-half to visit my sister-in-law, nieces and nephews.  About forty-five minutes down the road I realized my son was being suspiciously quiet.  Using the baby viewer mounted on the windshield I noticed that he had his new “straw” sippy cup turned upside down watching the water slowly drip through his fingers and into his lap.  Great.  Upon further examination (you know, dangerously turning around to remove the cup from his investigative hands, while driving) I discovered that three-fourths of the water had been drained.  Did I have a change of clothes?  Nope.  Therefore, upon arrival his pants were promptly removed and placed in the drier while he ran around in a diaper.  It was a fun visit!

On Saturday my husband and I attended a benefit to support the local RMH.  I decided to go ahead and feed our son before my super, helpful in-laws arrived to babysit.  My son informed me that he was finished with his chicken nuggets by launching one on the floor.  One of the ten-pound yappers inhaled the nugget whole as my in-laws pulled into the driveway.  The two mini schnoodles went into full alarm mode at the door and the guilty nugget eater started choking and proceeded to vomit at the feet of MiMi and PopPop.  While I was cleaning up the first vomit, the schnoodle in question vomited a second time, per usual.  By the way, all of this took place on our white rug and before my husband had returned home from work.  The husband finally got home and I proceed to get dressed in our room.  As I quickly updated my war paint and headdress I stopped and realized that everyone was in the master bedroom with me…husband, son, mother-in-law, father-in-law, and both dogs.  I had to laugh!

On Monday evening our 22-month-old son found the twelve-foot ladder propped against the shed in the backyard.  In a matter of seconds he had scaled the whole thing and was eye level with the roof!  I. thought. I. would. die.  My husband climbed to the top to retrieve him while I held my breath, poised to catch all 33 pounds of my little dare devil.  So, there went my shot at “Mother of the Year.”  I don’t even know how it happened so quickly and I was with him the entire time!  Clearly, I need to do better, work harder, and pray without ceasing!

No comments:

Post a Comment